Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Just Imagine

Okay, okay, I know all lot of us out here in outer blogness may have spoken to fellow exmos about how funny this would be, but I just have to write about it. I really got a good laugh talking about this with my brothers.

Now just imagine. You could do this yourself, but it would be much more fun as a group. So just imagine you and a couple of your apostate buddies walking into the church building during your wards or somebody else's sacrament meeting. You're dressed in trench coats to make sure that you can get in the building with out being stopped. Once inside you take off the trench coats and...? No it's not streaking, although it would be hilarious.

Nope, you put on you caps and veils and reveal your temple robes...! lol Now obviously this wouldn't be the greatest idea for a couple of reasons. First off, total lack of respect for any friends you have there. Secondly, you might not make it out alive.

But just picture the shock value it would have as you and your group of friends stand in the isles and recite "Oh God hear the words of my mouth", of course repeated three times. I'd throw in a couple "Pay Lay Ale's" for all the older folks too! :) After that you'd have to make a b-line for door, before some really pissed off members try to tackle you.

Just the image of it all is so funny to me! The robes are so silly looking and it would lead to all the kids asking their parents what the hell was going on. The last thing that would be fun to do if you could get away with it would be the true order of prayer... LOL Considering that they used to do it in meetings.

Other great ideas that relate the temple to stuff include Halloween temple worker costumes and the infamous "Baker's temple" restaurant where the chefs wear the temple garb. I mean, the hat is meant for a baker any way isn't it? It sure as hell looks like a bakers hat. You could order a good ole cup o' joe to go with your fanny alger cherry pie! While you're at it have all 34 different pies with ole joe! Joe goes good with any pie. LOL

If you'd care to list any other great uses for your old temple robes, please comment. I'd love to hear them!

I'm Ishmael, and the morg can kiss my Wild Ass!

6 Comments:

Blogger Just one of many said...

We have tossed around dressing up on Halloween in them and serving Pale Ale at our party! My husband it still pissed after 11 years for getting the new name "Hyrum"! He was like, "Why the hell am I named after J. Smith's brother!!" I said maybe it was spelled wrong; instead, it should be Hiram, as in Freemasonry's Hiram...that sent him into an F-bomb tirade. If you've seen Forest Gump's war buddy go on and on about the different type of shrimp combo's...well, his use of "fuck" went to a whole new level!! I was impressed!

12:07 PM  
Blogger exmoron said...

You could do what I did - sell them on Ebay! I'm not kidding, either, some woman from Oregon ended up buying them. I posted pictures and the whole nine yards. I got a bunch of nasty comments from people... And I laughed for hours!

Also, I had a similar idea the other day... Rather than dress up how about just standing up during the passing of the sacrament or some other quiet time and just repeating the name of the last token, "Health in the navel, marrow in the bones..." then making a break for it. Of course, the only way to really make it worthwhile is to film the whole thing, which would be challenging but oh so fun!

3:38 AM  
Blogger Cynthia E. Bagley said...

Great idea... to film it and then sell it on Ebay. :-)

7:27 AM  
Blogger Simeon's Peep Stone said...

I think this would be a lot of fun as long as we had a big group of people doing it. No Tongan or Samoan wards. Maybe a Japanese or Chinese Branch would be a good place to start if we had a group of 10 or 15.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Ishmael, the Wild Ass said...

Exmoron. How much did you sell them for? I wonder how much they would go for? lol A group of ten people and a church raid... lol great! We could sell it or post it on YouTube! :) lol What just sounds funny to me right now would be forming a row behind the pulpit in our temple robes and doing the YMCA dance... lol

11:25 AM  
Blogger Cynthia E. Bagley said...

Young man.. whaw whaw whaw whaw whaw whaw

Young man.. whaw whaw whaw whaw whaw whaw

YMCA (dancing to the moves) YMCA aye (head bobbing)

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home